Machine Learning/Research Engineer
Sonic Incytes is seeking a Machine Learning Engineer who will lead machine learning projects to identify abdominal organs and detect shear waves in ultrasound images. The candidate may also contribute to other research and development projects (image processing and algorithm development) as required.
This position will report to the Director of Product. While Sonic Incytes is based in Vancouver, British Columbia, remote candidates will be considered.
You are passionate about applying your machine learning skills to make a difference in how liver disease is diagnosed and managed. The work you do will have a major impact on the user experience of Velacur™. You have prior experience in biomedical or medical imaging applications of machine learning. You are excited about working closely with a diverse team consisting of engineers, clinicians and business personnel and you excel in dynamic and collaborative environments.
- A University Degree or Technical Diploma from an accredited institution in computer science, software engineering, or a combination of related education and experience.
- Experience in deep learning and computer vision – academic experience is acceptable
- Working understanding of Python and Matlab
- Working understanding of ML tools and frameworks (PyTorch, TensorFlow, CUDA, Docker etc.)
- Knowledge of convolutional neural networks such as U-Net for biomedical image segmentation
- Experience with deploying ML into a real-time C++ application
- Experience in mathematical optimization, linear algebra and signal processing
- Possess excellent problem-solving, critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge and experience in the following areas will be an asset:
- Medical imaging, image processing and, in particular, ultrasound imaging
- Software as a medical device (SaMD) and related regulations/standards including ISO 13485, ISO14971, Health Canada and US FDA QSR
About Sonic Incytes
Sonic Incytes is developing a breakthrough, handheld ultrasound solution, Velacur™, for assessing and managing chronic liver disease – an emerging global health crisis, affecting one in four persons worldwide. Fatty liver disease is the fastest growing and largest segment of chronic liver disease, driven largely by the increasing prevalence of diabetes and obesity. The continued growth in patients and the emergence of digital and drug therapies creates an urgent need for a cost-effective, quick, and accurate diagnostic solution to assess and manage the progression and treatment of this disease. For more information about the company, please visit www.sonicincytes.com.