Intermediate Software Engineer
Sonic Incytes is seeking an Intermediate Software Engineer who will help us build the 2nd generation of our game changing Velacur™ software. This role will be responsible for developing our medical device software which includes incorporating our core technology (elasticity and attenuation algorithms), machine learning algorithms and graphical user interface design/implementation to create a robust, high performing commercial application. You may also be asked to contribute to the development of our cloud-based results platform, Velacur Cloud.
This position will report to the Director of Product.
You have prior experience working on medical products and are passionate about applying your software engineering skills to make a difference in how liver disease is diagnosed and managed. The work you do will have a major impact on our flagship product, Velacur™. You understand the complete software development lifecycle and are comfortable and willing to participate in all activities from requirements development and documentation, design, coding, testing, deployment and customer support. You are excited about working closely with a diverse team consisting of engineers, clinicians and business personnel and you excel in dynamic and collaborative environments.
- A University Degree or Technical Diploma from an accredited institution in computer science, software engineering, or a combination of related education and experience.
- Minimum 4 years work experience.
- Perform software requirements analysis, module/component level design and high level design
- An understanding of object oriented design, programming, data structures and algorithms, software design patterns and database systems.
- Proficient in C++
- Proficient with Visual Studio development and testing environment
- Ability to use source code control (we use Bitbucket).
- Understanding of software development processes (eg: waterfall, Agile)
- Team- friendly attitude and a willingness to learn and work on all stages of the standard software life cycle, including requirements writing, testing and post-delivery support.
- Possess excellent problem-solving, critical thinking skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge and experience in the following areas will be an asset:
- Python, CUDA and/or Matlab
- Microsoft Foundation Classes (we have some legacy code in MFC)
- Modern GUI development framework(s)
- Cloud technologies using AWS (Lambda, S3, EC2, DynamoDB)
- Electronic medical records systems and related standards (e.g. HL-7, FHIR)
About Sonic Incytes
Sonic Incytes is developing a breakthrough, handheld ultrasound solution, Velacur™, for assessing and managing chronic liver disease – an emerging global health crisis, affecting one in four persons worldwide. Fatty liver disease is the fastest growing and largest segment of chronic liver disease, driven largely by the increasing prevalence of diabetes and obesity. The continued growth in patients and the emergence of digital and drug therapies creates an urgent need for a cost-effective, quick, and accurate diagnostic solution to assess and manage the progression and treatment of this disease. For more information about the company, please visit www.sonicincytes.com.