INTERMEDIATE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
At Sonic Incytes, the software development team plays an integral role in shaping our product and satisfying our customers needs.
Reporting to the Director, Product Development, the Intermediate Software Developer will collaborate with an agile Product Development team to work on exciting new features and elegant solutions to user problems through design, implementation, testing, documentation and launch.
The Intermediate Software Developer is responsible for writing, maintaining and testing all levels of code related to Sonic Incytes products. This role is responsible for developing and supporting a high performance, reliable code and maintaining professional software development operation principles, including continuous integration/build automation.
The ideal candidate will have a proactive problem-solving approach, is an excellent collaborator and communicator and is a champion of best practices for well-tested and scalable code.
• Contribute to the development of the internal libraries and GUI applications.
• Develop various modules and scripts as needed primarily for testing.
• Write unit tests prior to writing corresponding code, in order to deliver full coverage of the company’s software library.
• Participate regularly in development meetings and code reviews to provide timely input and feedback on internal development processes.
• Develop and maintain test frameworks that integrate tools, libraries, and utilities needed to interact with the system under test.
• Follow Test Driven Development best practices to ensure established acceptance criteria are met and potential bugs are caught early in the development cycle and no regressions are introduced to the code.
• Use git and source control tools, in order to support accurate source code management for the internal development team.
• Maintain build machines and test machines in order to effectively simulate software performance for the end users.
• Other related duties, as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, bioinformatics, or a related field.
• 2+ years of professional experience in software development (specialty in desktop, web, or embedded applications).
• Comfortable in an agile software development environment, including familiarity with Test Driven Development (TDD) and experience using common workflow tools like Jira, Github, Jenkins etc.
• Experience developing code in C/C++.
• Support and knowledge of professional software engineering tools and best practices for DevOps (including Jenkins and AWS). This includes coding standards, code reviews, test driven development, continuous integration/deployment, and build automation.
• Experience with scripting languages like Python and batch scripting.
• Ability to communicate in English clearly and accurately with people from various technical backgrounds.
• Experience with Machine Learning.
• Exposure to image processing.
• Familiarity with libraries like opencv, gtest etc.
• Familiarity with GPU programming using CUDA.
Why Should You Join Sonic Incytes?
• Rare opportunity to join a company actively making a difference for patients who are afflicted with chronic liver disease, an emerging global health crisis.
• Join an amazing, energetic and diverse team who are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do.
• A chance to work within a fast-paced, growing start-up company with lots of opportunities for personal growth.
• An attractive compensation package including a comprehensive health and dental plan.
• 3 weeks of vacation.
• An environment in which you can continually learn and grow, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Sonic Incytes believes in creating accessible and affordable healthtech solutions – with health insights you can count on – to improve patient care.
Recognizing the rise of chronic liver disease, Sonic Incytes is on a mission to make liver health a new vital sign. Its novel, point of care ultrasound solution, Velacur™, is redefining the standard of care in quantifying liver tissue stiffness and attenuation to aid in the clinical management of patients with chronic liver disease.
How to apply
Are you wanting to have a positive impact and up for a new challenge? If yes, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.