Sonic Incytes is looking for a self-motivated and agile minded Business Development Representative to join our Sales team. The incumbent will be responsible for identifying, qualifying and nurturing sales opportunities as well as sales administrative activities. Reporting jointly to the Director, Sales and the Director, Corporate Development, the Business Development Representative will primarily focus on identifying and qualifying physicians in the US Hepatology and Gastroenterology space, clearly communicating Velacur’s value proposition, uncovering potential opportunities, and ultimately securing introductions to the Director, Sales.This role is for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment. The ideal candidate is a motivated and dedicated sales professional eager to grow Sonic Incytes’ customer base, who has strong selling, customer service, communication, persuasiveness, and negotiation skills. It’s an ideal role for someone who wants to develop their career in sales. This is a full-time employment role in Vancouver, BC.
- Manage and qualify inbound and outbound lead activity including engaging in prospecting, cold calling, text messages and email communications.
- Explain sales offers, our product/services, and benefits to prospective customers based on call scripts.
- Gain the trust of physicians, business managers and other medical professionals and secure their interest in our device, Velacur™.
- Nurture leads and build our sales pipeline with the goal of booking intro calls and demos with the Director, Sales.
- Provide excellent customer service and reach out multiple times to each lead to drive connection.
- Engage and educate prospects, discover their pain points through targeted questions and overcome their objections effectively.
- Track and manage prospecting, qualification, and lead nurture activities in the company’s CRM platform, HubSpot.
- Maintain the company’s CRM and lead generation activity records with accuracy.
- Build and manage prospecting lists using a variety of tools and resources.
- Assist in building and refining our lead generation processes and contribute to the creation and refinement of email messaging and sales scripts.
- Other related duties, as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 2 years of prospecting and cold calling experience in sales/business development; preferably in selling medical devices, pharmaceuticals and other related healthcare-based solutions.
- Post-secondary education, University/College degree/diploma within a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong sales and customer service orientation.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including knowledge of CRM software, preferably HubSpot.
- Able to respond effectively to multiple priorities and execute in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Passion and desire to build a career in the medical field and to continue to learn and develop skills via ongoing development.
- Team-player attitude who is coachable and has an eagerness to learn.
- Self-motivated, with a “can-do” attitude and takes initiative to achieve goals.
- Not easily intimidated by lack of knowledge or the seniority of the prospect; eager to learn medical terms and disease area to gain physician’s trust.
Why Should You Join Sonic Incytes?
- Rare opportunity to join a company actively making a difference for patients who are afflicted with chronic liver disease, an emerging global health crisis.
- Join an energetic and diverse team who are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do.
- A chance to work within a fast-paced, growing start-up company with lots of opportunities for personal growth.
- An attractive compensation package including a comprehensive health and dental plan and a commission structure related to lead generation.
- Three weeks of paid vacation.
- An environment in which you can continually learn and grow, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Are you wanting to have a positive impact and up for a new challenge? If yes, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about the company, please visit www.sonicincytes.com.
For more information about our solution, Velacur™, please visit https://www.velacur.com/