Sonic Incytes is seeking an Assembly Technician, who will lead product assembly and play key support roles in product quality, hardware improvements, and customer support. This role will be expected to handle a wide variety of tasks including assembly, performing tests, analyzing data, creating detailed documentation, communicating with multiple third parties, and placing orders.
This role suits an enthusiastic go-getter, with an analytical mind and attention to fine detail, who is excited to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment. The successful candidate will have the ability to work productively with customers, vendors, and a multidisciplinary technical team.
Proven dedication, tenacity, willingness to learn, and the ability to get the job done are essential requirements for the role.
- Responsible for manufacturing and assembling our device according to established design and quality specifications from start to a completed, packaged product.
- Ensures the safe and prompt shipment of the finished product to customers and/or the sales team.
- Conducts tests, and completes test reports of our product and its components.
- Sources product components and parts and coordinates with suppliers and vendors to purchase and expedite the delivery of key electro-mechanical components.
- Performs repair, inspection, reassembly, replacing, refitting and adjusting of our product as required.
- Supports the Lead, Hardware Engineer with hardware projects related to product improvements and future hardware design.
- Supports the Regulatory Affairs and Quality Specialist with administrative quality documentation control as part of the company’s Quality Management System (QMS).
- Interacts directly with our customers and provides customer support as part of the Customer Support Team.
- Ensures all logbooks are maintained according to standard operations procedures.
- Collaborates with a multi-disciplinary team including hardware and software engineers, clinical, sales, marketing, and operations.
- Other related duties, as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A college certificate or technical diploma in mechanical, mechatronics, or electrical technology, or equivalent.
- 1-3 years experience in manufacturing and assembly of electronic devices, with experience working in a workshop setting, including the use of both hand and electronic tools, soldering, testing (analog & digital).
- The capability of reading and understanding basic mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Experience working in a quality controlled environment such as ISO 9001, ISO 13485.
- Able to source components and interact directly with vendors and suppliers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Self-starter, with a problem-solving attitude who is capable of working in a proactive manner with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in MS Office products for day-to-day computing.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of electrical safety and EMC testing.
- SolidWorks experience is an asset.
- Experience in 3D printing.
- Experience in PCB design (Altium Designer) and development.
- Experience in a start-up manufacturing or small scale production environment is a plus.
Why Should You Join Sonic Incytes?
- Rare opportunity to join a company actively making a difference for patients who are afflicted with chronic liver disease, an emerging global health crisis.
- Join an amazing, energetic and diverse team who are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do.
- A chance to work within a fast-paced, growing start-up company with lots of opportunities for personal growth.
- An attractive compensation package including a comprehensive health and dental plan.
- 3 weeks of vacation.
- Opportunities for personal and professional development.
Sonic Incytes believes in creating accessible and affordable healthtech solutions – with health insights you can count on – to improve patient care.
Recognizing the rise of chronic liver disease, Sonic Incytes is on a mission to make liver health a new vital sign. Its novel, point of care ultrasound solution, Velacur™, is redefining the standard of care in quantifying liver tissue stiffness and attenuation to aid in the clinical management of patients with chronic liver disease.
Are you wanting to have a positive impact and up for a new challenge? If yes, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Human Resources, email@example.com. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about the company, please visit www.sonicincytes.com.
For more information about our solution, Velacur™, please visit https://www.velacur.com/